Thursday, September 30, 2010

Mountains Beyond Mountains



For being the start of fall, Seattle hasn't started showing its true colors yet. Yesterday was a gorgeous blue sky day full of warmth and sunshine. It was the perfect day for sitting in line with friends and waiting to see some lovely music. I scrambled to the bus stop after work to meet up with my roommates (who had been waiting since 1:30). Their patience paid off, and we ended up nearly front row after the chaos that is entering such a large venue.


The show was breathtakingly beautiful. It was a mix of large screen images, bright lights, stunning music, and an immeasurable amount of stage presence. I had never seen a concert so powerful and life changing. The large screens flashed between shots of the band members and various film footage, both old and new.


Win Butler was all kinds of gorgeous, and I know more than one girl in the audience wished they could have RĂ©gine Chassagne's grace. I was so tickled pink to have been able to experience it. And so very grateful that when I told my boyfriend I didn't really want to go, he didn't listen to me and bought me a ticket anyways. The entire band had an abundance of enthusiasm that overflowed from the stage into the crowd. And if that wasn't enough, Arcade Fire was polite, engaging, and charming to watch dance around on stage.  If Arcade Fire is coming anywhere close to you, it's a show not to be missed.

 

Here is a taste of the magic:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Janelle,
Blah. Blah. Blah.

With love,
Me.