Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Village


Seattle is partly such a great place to live because of all that it offers in terms of entertainment. We are nestled between sea and mountains, with activities for those who don't love nature somewhere in between. No matter how long I live in the area, I don't think I'll experience every lovely thing we have to do. However, yesterday, I was able to check one activity off my list as my family and I took a Tillicum Village lunch cruise across the sound. 



The ferry departed from the Seattle waterfront, and after a charming and narrated 45 minute boat ride (with hot chocolate), we arrived at Blake's Island. They set up a delicious spread of fresh cooked salmon, mixed greens, stew, rice, and fresh fruit. Later, this was followed up by a raspberry chocolate dessert.



Post lunch, a show consisting of various Native American tribal dances was performed, and then we were released to explore the island further on our own.  Or, for those less outdoor savvy, there was a gift shop, offering up tiny dream catchers and bear paw necklaces.


Overall, it was a good way to spend the afternoon with the family. But would I consider this a real cultural activity and anything more than a fun tourist attraction? Probably not. The food was lovely, the outdoors as usual were beautiful, and for something to do just once, Tillicum Village was perfect.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this cruise sounds just amazing! I really, really want to go to Seattle some time soon. This is such a great idea!

    thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janelle, thanks for visiting me and for your sweet note. I can't wait to go through your archives-- you're adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, you definitely need to come out to Seattle some time! It's a great city. I'd be happy to show you around or offer up some great places to shop. (:

    ReplyDelete

Dear Janelle,
Blah. Blah. Blah.

With love,
Me.